Level 1 & Level 2
Manukau City | West Auckland | Albany
This programme gives you one on one support so you can gain the skills you need to be independent, improve communication and plan for your future. You will gain increased confidence to meet your goals and aspirations and so you can participate and contribute as a productive citizen of Aotearoa, New Zealand.
This programme is for students with learning difficulties who need support to prepare for employment, require individualised learning techniques, need one on one tutoring where required and will benefit from small classes with high-level tutor input. Emphasis is placed on meeting employment and/ or further education goals.
NZ Certificate in Foundation Skills, Level 2 (60 Credits)
Part 1 – NZ Certificate in Skills for Living, Level 1 (20 Weeks)
- Managing everyday living
- Self-management, goal setting and organisation
- Personal safety, health and wellbeing
- Participate and interact in everyday situations
- Participate in planning a future pathway to achieve personal goals
- Apply problem solving strategies to resolve day to day issues
- Apply literacy and numeracy skills required for day to day living
Part 2 – NZ Certificate in Foundation Skills, Level 2 (21 Weeks)
- Apply information from a variety of texts and digital media
- Apply basic knowledge, including literacy and numeracy to solve problems relevant to the context
- Reflect on experiences with a range of people, cultures and communities
- Work collaboratively and effectively in a team to achieve a task or outcome
- Develop and reflect on relevant learning and career goals
Are you eligible to study Supported Learning?
This is an open programme that is designed especially for people with learning difficulties – whose learning and training needs are suited to a supported learning environment.
If you have any questions, give us a call on 0800 22 44 38 or fill in an enquiry form and our friendly Course Advisor, Patrick will contact you.
- Become more independent and increase interpersonal and communication skills
- Identify and put in place strategies to maintain daily routines
- Learn how to work as part of a team
- Explore options and set personal goals for the future
About MSL Training
MSL Training has an outstanding record of success and our team are very passionate about what we do. We have campuses across Auckland, in Botany Downs, Takapuna and Manukau. We are a New Zealand government endorsed Category 1 provider with a dual ‘Highly Confident’ rating in our latest EER. This puts us among the most successful tertiary educators in the country. MSL has been delivering NZQA approved programmes for 17 years. In that time we have helped thousands of people into work or further studies.