If you love coming up with ideas to help people have a good time and can organise and multi-task, then you’ve come to the right course. MSL Training has created an Event Planning programme that will give you all the skills to plan events that people will talk about for years. You get expert guidance through the stages of planning, with small interactive classes. You’ll build skills and confidence through practical exercises before taking on work experience.
[As of the 1 Jan 2018, tertiary education is fees free for eligible first time students. Check out feesfree.govt.nz for more info on free fees]
This programme is 20 weeks and contains topics which cover a wide range of essential skills directly applicable to event planning with project management knowledge and skills. You will be exposed to the “real work” environment where training is conducted within the commercial workplace under the MSL Training Mentorship programme.
Classroom delivery is done in the initial stages of the training to establish the theoretical and practical requirements of working in a commercial environment.
Are you eligible to study Event Planning?
Learners must be aged 18 years or over and have:
- New Zealand residency OR citizenship
- A level 2 qualification OR/
- Experience in events, hospitality or similar field
What will you study?
The aim of this programme is to provide learners with the skills and knowledge required to:
- Apply project management knowledge and skills to event planning
- Carry out a broad range of support roles as a team member
- Take responsibility for elements of event planning and management
Where will it take you?
This programme can pathway you to further study or employment, such as:
- Event Planning Coordinator
- Marketing and Promotional Support
- Conference and Event Planning Support
- Further training in Event Planning at diploma or degree level
- Further training in Project Management at diploma or degree level
About MSL Training
MSL Training has an outstanding record of success and our team are very passionate about what we do. We have campuses across Auckland, in Botany Downs, Takapuna and Manukau. We are a New Zealand government endorsed Category 1 provider with a dual ‘Highly Confident’ rating in our latest EER. This puts us among the most successful tertiary educators in the country. MSL has been delivering NZQA approved programmes for 17 years. In that time we have helped thousands of people into work or further studies.