Level 2 and 3 | 100 Credits
Need a taste of the hospitality sector? See if you have what it takes to become part of the vibrant exciting hospitality industry – this is a starting point to making a positive step towards gaining some skills and experience that will help you get a head start.
This course is specifically designed for Youth Students, from the ages of 16 – 18 years of age. This programme aims to provide you with the skills and knowledge required to enter the hospitality industry as a barista, server, waiter in a commercial food environment, such as quick service restaurants, cafes, full service restaurants.
The course is delivered in two parts:
- NZ Certificate in Hospitality, Level 2 – Learn the fundamentals of hospitality
- NZ Certificate in Hospitality, Level 3 – Further develop your skills and put it all into practice
This course is very practical. There is some classroom training, but the main training is conducted within the commercial workplace under the MSL Training Mentorship programme.
Are you eligible to study Youth Hospitality?
Learners must be between 16 – 18 years of age and have:
- New Zealand residency OR citizenship
- Low qualifications and/ or no skills
What will you study?
This fast moving and practical course will help you to:
- Learn to become a barista
- Become a customer service pro
- Develop the skills to work with food
- Learn to plan and manage events
- Build real skills and confidence
- Start in a practical learning space and then move into the workplace
- Enjoy hands-on learning
The skills and qualifications gained from this course can take you into a career working in cafes, restaurants or into higher level management and specialist hospitality courses.
Where will it take you?
This hospitality programme can pathway you to further study or employment, such as:
- Duty Manager
- Cruise Ship Waiter
- Assistant Restaurant Manager
- Food and Beverage Manager
- Maitre D
- Restaurant Manager
- Further Study in Hospitality
About MSL Training
MSL Training has an outstanding record of success and our team are very passionate about what we do. We have campuses across Auckland, in Botany Downs, Takapuna and Manukau. We are a New Zealand government endorsed Category 1 provider with a dual ‘Highly Confident’ rating in our latest EER. This puts us among the most successful tertiary educators in the country. MSL has been delivering NZQA approved programmes for 17 years. In that time we have helped thousands of people into work or further studies.